Subscriber Data and Management
PowerDMARC limits its personnel’s access to subscriber data as follows:
- Requires unique user access authorization through secure logins and passwords, including multi-factor authentication for Cloud Hosting administrator access;
- Limits the subscriber data available to PowerDMARC personnel on a “need to know” basis;
- Restricts access to PowerDMARC’ production environment by PowerDMARC personnel on the basis of business need;
- Encrypts user security credentials for production access; and
- Prohibits PowerDMARC personnel from storing subscriber data on electronic portable storage devices such as computer laptops, portable drives and other similar devices.
- PowerDMARC logically separates each of its subscribers’ data and maintains measures designed to prevent subscriber data from being exposed to or accessed by other customers.
PowerDMARC provides industry-standard encryption for subscriber data as follows:
- Implements encryption in transport and at rest;
- Uses strong encryption methodologies to protect subscriber data, including AES 256-bit encryption for subscriber data stored in PowerDMARC’ production environment; and
- Encrypts all subscriber data located in cloud storage while at rest.
Network Security, Physical Security and Environmental Controls
- PowerDMARC uses firewalls, network access controls and other techniques designed to prevent unauthorized access to systems processing subscriber data.
- PowerDMARC maintains measures designed to assess, test and apply security patches to all relevant systems and applications used to provide the Services.
- PowerDMARC monitors privileged access to applications that process subscriber data, including cloud services.
- The Services operate on Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) and Heroku and are protected by the security and environmental controls of Amazon. Detailed information about AWS security is available at https://aws.amazon.com/security/ and http://aws.amazon.com/security/sharing-the-security-responsibility/. For AWS SOC Reports, please see https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/soc-faqs/.
- Subscriber data stored within AWS is encrypted at all times. AWS and do not have access to unencrypted subscriber data.
If PowerDMARC becomes aware of unauthorized access or disclosure of subscriber data under its control (a “Breach”), PowerDMARC will:
- Take reasonable measures to mitigate the harmful effects of the Breach and prevent further unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Upon confirmation of the Breach, notify the customer in writing of the Breach without undue delay. Notwithstanding the foregoing, PowerDMARC is not required to make such notice to the extent prohibited by applicable laws, and PowerDMARC may delay such notice as requested by law enforcement and/or in light of PowerDMARC legitimate needs to investigate or remediate the matter before providing notice.
Each notice of a Breach will include:
- The extent to which subscriber data has been, or is reasonably believed to have been, used, accessed, acquired or disclosed during the Breach;
- A description of what happened, including the date of the Breach and the date of discovery of the Breach, if known;
- The scope of the Breach, to the extent known; and
- A description of PowerDMARC’ response to the Breach, including steps PowerDMARC has taken to mitigate the harm caused by the Breach.
Business Community Management
- PowerDMARC maintains an appropriate business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- PowerDMARC maintains processes to ensure failover redundancy with its systems, networks and data storage.
- PowerDMARC performs employment verification, including proof of identity validation and criminal background checks for all new hires in accordance with applicable law.
- PowerDMARC provides training for its personnel who are involved in the processing of the subscriber data to ensure they do not collect, process or use subscriber data without authorization and that they keep subscriber data confidential, including following the termination of any role involving the subscriber data.
- PowerDMARC conducts routine and random monitoring of employee systems activity.
- Upon employee termination, whether voluntary or involuntary, PowerDMARC immediately disables all access to PowerDMARC systems.
- PowerDMARC conducts annual information security awareness training and on-going briefing to its employees.
Last Updated: May 10, 2020